SAS Eagle Design
For this project in Art we created four simplified SAS Eagles with different designs, including one that was personalized. This was my final piece:
This was my personalized eagle. On the inside is the sheet music to one of my favourite songs and on the outside are runes from one of my favourite books series. It's black and white to contrast the rainbow and color of the other eagles and because the way those two colors play against each other is one of my favourites. I left in pencil because the sheen looked nice and slight smudging gives it an imperfection that I really like about it.
For a while I was stuck on what to do. I knew that I wanted to do a black background and a colored eagle but the problem was that I didn't know what I wanted to do. At first I wanted the inside to be rainbow but at the same time I was doubting the rainbow. Then for some reason Ria and I were talking about fire and I had the idea to do a red, orange and yellow ombre. But thinking of the idea wax definitely the most challenging.
I was really excited to use a sponge to make cool splotches with the acrylic paint. At my old school I had used the sponge to a get a faded look into some of my artwork and I thought that the eagle was the best place to do this. So I grabbed the rainbow of colors and a sponge and dabbed on colors. It turned out really well in my opinion.
Comments
Post a Comment