Printmaking: Linoleum
For this project, we started a new unit, the printmaking unit. In this unit, we used some new materials including a carving tool, a brayer and a barren. The process for printing starts with tracing the image you want to print onto a piece of paper. From there you trace the simplified image onto both sides of the Linoleum block. One side with the silhouette, the other with details. From there you carve both sides out. Once that is done you use a brayer to put ink onto the silhouette side and then put a paper on top after which you use a barren to help the transfer. After that dries you use another color of ink on the detailed side and repeat the process. The end looks like the images above. I really liked how the endproduct turned out, especially the first one. I wish that I had made the carvings match up so that I wouldn't have had to do it by hand though.
Comments
Post a Comment