Slab Box

Slab Construction
Construction



Reflection:  
Describe what you enjoyed about the construction-
I thought that it would be a lot harder than it actually was so that was really enjoyable. I was also able to put together the idea I had and it looked the way that I wanted to as well.

Describe what you found difficult or needed more instruction-
It was a bit hard for me to figure out how to clean up the inside of my piece since it was at an angle and I didn't really like the fact that I didn't know how to clean it properly.

What do you think about the final outcome of your construction-
I think that there is still a lot of improvement that I could show. The corners of mine ended up rounding out and the lid was sitting a bit oddly. For my first time doing it though, it was the best product I could put out I think.
Glaze Record and Technique
Glazes and Underglazes used:
Interior-Amaco Teacher's Palette Scarlet…


Technique:
There wasn't really much technique I just sort of found a color and started putting layers of that on.
Pre Fire Glaze Photo
Post Fire Glaze Photo
My piece was fired before I was ready so there's no pre-fired photo sorry!

Final Reflection
Describe the overall final result of your piece.
The glazing is a bit uneven but the colors are really bright and they came out really well. You can see the details on the sides and that made me really happy. I think for my first proper piece, it's really good.

What was your biggest surprise?
The fact that the little carvings actually came out on the sides. I was worried that the glaze would cover them because that's what the sub told me but it didn't so it surprised me in the best of ways.

What would you change for your construction technique?
I wasn't 100% careful with my piece so the corners and a couple edges aren't as straight or neat as I wished they were so I'd probably change how gentle I was with it so I could fix it. Also with my cuts not being quite perfect, you can see a bit of the edge not being perfect so I'd change how I cut it to be a little more precise.

What would you change for your glazing technique?
I was able to layer the inside well enough that it came out looking like a really nice one coat but the outside was a little less so. I would change the time I spent glazing the outside, maybe choose more colors for the details and make sure that the layers of glaze were more even. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind