Shoe Sculpture
Shoe Sculpture
| |
Insert Construction Photo:
| |
Insert Reference Photo:
| |
Describe all the skills you used to create the sculpture:
The first was with the slab and making, cutting and undulating it to get the top of the shoe and attaching it later. The next part was carving it using tools like popsicle sticks and the knife to cut away things.
| |
List your areas of difficulties and why:
I had to restart completely because I let my sole harden and eventually the top of the shoe started cracking in four places eventually just giving up and breaking in those places. I had to restart and make sure that as I undulated it I made sure that it stayed moist and as I was putting it up to finish shaping it I made sure that where it was supposed to stay attached wet as well.
| |
Pre Glaze Fire Photo
|
Post Glaze Fire Photo
|
Glaze Record/Technique:
3 coats of Burgundy
3 coats of Opaque White
3 Coats Ivory Beige
Rubbed away parts of the Burgundy on the tongue.
| |
Final Reflection, what was the most rewarding aspect of the project and why?
Since I messed up once before finishing this shoe the most rewarding aspect was probably finishing up the shoe and seeing it complete and looking like a shoe before going into the kiln the first time. It was kind of a ‘wow I made that’ moment which was really nice.
| |
Comments
Post a Comment