Course Goals

GOALS
Some goals that I have for this year in terms of art are probably learning about figure drawing since it's something that I have tried but wasn't any improvement from a vaguely humanoid figure even though I practiced. This class will hopefully teach me how to learn to do that properly. If we're actually talking about overall school goals I think that my goal is to stay on top of my homework since it's only the third day and I'm already scrambling a bit.

ELEMENTS AND PRINCIPLES OF ART
The elements of art include color, form, line, space, texture, and value. The elements help art transfer from the brain onto paper since they are the main component in anyone's artwork. This is an image that shows it pretty well in my opinion.

 Image result for elements of art

The principles of art include balance, emphasis, movement, proportion, rhythm, unity and variety. The principles can help you structure your art and help to organize it. Here's an image that can help show it.
Image result for principles of art

COLOR WHEEL

Image result for color wheel
That above there is a colour wheel. Made by Isaac Newton It shows the colour hues around a circle. With this colour wheel, you can and white and change the tint and layer and add bits of darker colours to shade it. A colour wheel typically consists of the three primary colours (red, blue, yellow), secondary colours which are the hues that form when you mix two primary colours together (orange, green, violet) and tertiary colours which are the combinations of secondary colours and primary colours (the names are also just a combination of the primary and secondary name). You can use the color wheel to match up colours that will look good together in your work. 

YOUR DEFINITION OF ART
Art to me is a way to present what I can't say or write out in words to the world. It's something that I enjoy and even though personally I don't think I'm the best it makes me really really happy. That's why I took this class, to get better and be able to show why I'm happy with other people. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind