Gallery Visit # 3
I was able to catch the Disney Exhibition at the Art and Science Museum here in Singapore over our winter holidays and honestly, I spent a lot of the time trying to hold in squeals of excitement as I walked through. I've been a MASSIVE Disney fan my entire life and it was no surprise that I spent the majority of the time bounding my way through taking photos of absolutely everything that I could see. The way that they laid it out didn't make it any better as I walked through the memories of my childhood with the classics and then made it to some of my more recent favorites at the end. I did end up selecting some of the photos that I think really inspire me looking back on it and ones that I think really help to push my sustained investigation forward.
So this was one of the first pieces if I remember correctly and it's a sketch of the evil queen from Snow White. Aside from its direct connection with fairy tales, the drawing itself feels like a snapshot of the world which was interesting since I never thought about focusing on what would happen pre-story. The piece is simple but the use of detail I think is one of my favorite parts of it. The size is pretty small which I think contributes to that aspect of it and that size factor actually pushed me to work smaller in my work and I think that it worked out very nicely for me on sustained investigation 8.
This work was basically just a day in the life of, showing off the characters and part of the setting in Big Hero 6. Now, this is one of my all-time favorite Disney movies so I was super excited to see this section of the exhibition but another part of it that caught my attention was how many colors the piece seemed to have. I really liked how dynamic the piece seemed to be, with the contrast between architecture and nature but also between the two characters. This piece was digital art and I think I'm considering trying to use my iPad for a sustained investigation because of it.
I really did learn a lot by going to this exhibition, there were so many different styles and types of art and getting the chance to walk through and see how everything has changed was super enlightening. Right after going we (being me and my family) went out to see Frozen 2 so getting to walk through the 3D hallway of the movie was also super fun. I've also included the best part of the whole exhibition below!



Comments
Post a Comment