Sustained Investigation: Past Halfway


 Screenshots:


Where is the Synthesis?

    Ideas: I feel like I connected the literal idea of shelter and then use Sustainned 4 as a transition into the more conceptual side. 

    Materials: For the materials, I've used very sturdy materials even if they have varied slightly. I think this also adds a connected element of sturdiness throughout this investigation. 

    Process: I think that I've been questioning the word shelter a lot and that has lead me to be creative in the way that I ideate for this sustained and I think that's evident in the pieces that I have put out. 

Where are your hiccups? 


I feel like I learned a little bit about making my Sculpey too thin and not putting any support in it. I'm going to do my best to remember that mistake in my future projects! 

I had a bit of a hiccup with my bamboo legs splitting from where they were put together. It was because of this and the general haphazardness of the whole piece that I'm thinking about replacing it with one of my Bootcamp pieces. 

I made my clay a little too thin, and so when it came out of the kiln it cracked and you can see from the image where I had to improvise when trying to put the piece back together while still keeping the meaning.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind