Egg Composition
My original idea was to use the idea of space and emphasis to show how eggs really symbolize us as people and how sometimes things can be shown differently. You can see the emphasis is on the egg in the middle, it takes the place of the singers head, all cracked and with bits of egg dripping out and it's surrounded by white and is towards the middle of the piece. But when you move to the third corner of the triangle (made by the middle egg, the head sort of in front of it and the phone in the corner) you can see that the egg in the video being made is whole, not showing the full picture. I tried to use space was to try to show how in front it can seem like something is a certain way but when it's zoomed out and you can see the rest of the picture it's not always like that.
Some comments that I got were that it wasn't really obvious as to what the background was supposed to be and how towards the bottom left it seems as though I left a base layer without going back to fill it and those comments I think relate to a struggle that I had while trying to draw this. The majority of the back was smoke so getting it to look like smoke was a struggle and I wished that I could have maybe been able to do that better. One thing that was actually more of a strength was drawing the top half of the figure getting the clothing down was something that I thought that would be difficult but actually turned out to be one of the easier aspects of the entire piece.
While there are things that I wish I could improve on, I think that for a first piece this turned out much better than I thought and now I know how to make sure that I can do better on our future projects in terms of time management and putting out my best work possible!

Comments
Post a Comment