Oil Pastel Project
FEEDBACK
Tamsin - Color is nice and the hair is vibrant the couch has good shading. maybe a little too much negative space but it blends in really well.
Keona -The background is really nice and the texture is nice and it looks really 3D but the hair looks more like one chunk rather than actual hair. You could use a q-tip to blend out more and to pull out more strands.
Kelly - The details of the words are really cool and the contrast on the hair is nice and the use of the negative space looks nice. Maybe the face shape and structure could be improved but other than that I really like it.
Jay - The perspective works really well and the detail and textures are really nice and I think that it adds a lot of realism. I like the way that you varied your lines on the hair so that it would look different. I think that you could have maybe found more of a center to the entire piece.
REFLECTION
This was the oil pastel project and I think that it turned out really nice? Actually, I'm not too sure since I've been staring at it for so long. I know that I did struggle a lot in the beginning because I was really scared to lay on any color since it would be really hard to reverse but eventually I mustered up the courage to start. From the feedback that I got, I know that the shading turned out much better than I thought it would and that even though I have a bunch on negative space it doesn't feel too much like that. I know that something that could really be improved on would be the hair. I got a lot of really good feedback on how to improve it from Keona though so if I do tackle drawing hair again I know what I would do. After this project, I think that I'm ready to really tackle our final project when I use oil pastel and I'm actually really excited for it now that I've been able to practice more and figure out how to work my way around the pastels.

Comments
Post a Comment