Triptych Final: "A Day in the Life of..."



The entire process of this project was really long and kind of complicated the more that I think about it. We started formulating the ideas during our oil pastel project and finally! It's done! I know that I'm pretty satisfied with my work. I like the way that it's turned out and I like how it's come together. If I could go back and change anything though, it would probably be the idea to do a cityscape in the first piece and then a house in the third one. I didn't quite anticipate how hard it was to draw architecture until I had already gone too far ahead. I think that out of the three the second is my favorite mostly because of the contrast just the overall feeling that I get from looking at it. Each of these scenes is sort of interconnected, if you put the first and third pieces together they connect and you can see bits of the first two pieces coming together in the third piece. They flow together for the most part which is what's really important I think for a project like this. I thought at the beginning that I wasn't going to like doing this but I'm happy to say that It's the complete opposite now that we're fully done. 

CHECKPOINTS AND FEEDBACK DURING PROCESS



Here's our last checkpoint! I've finished one piece and I'm halfway through the next one, It's a bit of a process but I think that I'm getting there. From the feedback, I can tell that it's really obvious what the subject is and I think that the 3d aspect of the window in the first piece that I was trying to get actually worked since it was something that people noted. A lot of the recommendations are to make the clock numbers glow but I'm not entirely sure that I want to do that since I want the moon to sort of outshine everything else in the piece. 



So this is the first piece and I'm very behind since I was bedridden sick for a whole week. I'm working on getting it finished as soon as I can so that I can be back on track for the project. A got some good feedback on the placement of my window frame, fixing the angles a bit so that the 3d look is achieved and I think that I'm going to apply that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind