Ceramics 2 Final

Ceramics 2 Final
Planning and Construction
Insert your sketch or plans:



Insert your Construction photo:

Describe your thoughts or idea and the construction techniques you planned to use.
At the start of the process my ideas were to use slab and mold it to the shape of a bowl after using a roller on the slab.  That didn’t go so well the first time so I spent a lot of time trying to make it work. Then I attached them to another slab and started coil work. That was how I did the foot and the neck. That was my original idea for them.
One of the criteria is for you to be able to create what you have planned out.  How accurate were you in trying to create your idea from sketch to clay?
I think that I was able to get a pretty good rendition of what I set out to do. The design pattern matches and so do the foot and neck and that really was the base of my project.  
How would you plan differently next time?
I did go over the time limit a little bit so maybe come in more often during the set time. Another thing could be to add some more details in the clay work rather than leaving more to the glaze work.


Glazing
Insert prefired glaze photo

Insert post fired glaze photo
Glaze Record and application
Neck and Base: 3 Coats TP-30 Caramel
Body: 3 coats TP- 41 Frog Green


Final Reflection
As a final product to reflect all that you have learned in ceramics 1 and 2, is this representative of your learning?
Yes, I believe so.

Why?
I think that this project is representative of all the learning because it combines things like the cleaning of the neck that we’ve used in both classes as well as the bo technique that we learned in ceramics 1. That bo technique is combined with the pattern that I learned how to use in ceramics two also the application of a foot that I learned in ceramics 2.  
In terms of time management, how would you describe your use of time?
I was pretty on time with the schedule and I was able to keep all aspects of my design so I’m quite pleased with it. The only reason that my piece came out late was because of an AP exam so I think I used my time well.
What would you do differently for this project?
One thing that I was really sad about was that the color of glaze that I wanted to use wasn’t available. I knew that I wanted to use something that didn’t move and my only real option was the Teacher Palate series. I think that something that may have brought my piece down was that the colour choice wasn’t the greatest to I’d probably would change that.
What grade do you feel like you deserve for this work?
I’d really like to get an A+ because I was able to stick to my design and to put the piece together on my own for the most part as well as keep to the schedule. But I also feel that because of the glazing it’s more at an A.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind