Origami Bowls


ORIGAMI BOWL
Construction photo:
Describe your process of creating the cuts and shape of your bowl:
I decided to make two bowls that would be from the same template but of different sizes. The cuts I made were from a square shape rather than my original idea of using an octagon after I saw some more flower types of bowls. That was how I decided to make diagonal and straight cuts to achieve a more petal like look that I think I achieved during construction.
Insert Pre-fired Glaze Photo:
Insert Post-fired Glaze Photo:

Describe the reaction between the glaze and glass effect or your glaze combination:
PIECE 1:
MEG-100 White - 3 coats
The glaze was white so there wasn’t much color change in the glass but the amber glass does stand out really nicely. Three coatings didn’t seem to be enough though ad the glaze seems slightly patchy and not that great.

PIECE 2:
Western Smoke Blue - 3 Coats
The glaze melted into the glass turning it blue along the edges for the second piece. It provided a really cool contrast between the walls of the bowls and the glass center.
What would you have done different?
I wish that I had looked more into how the glass would act in the kiln because I don’t think it worked really well on both bowls. Maybe looked more into how many coats of the smoke blue I should have done to achieve more of a blue color to the sides of the second bowl. Also flatten that bowls bottom and polishing some of the rougher edges on both of the bowls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tripod Mug

Final Reflection

My Independent Writing Project: The School of Fighting Arts Against Demonkind