First Semester RLA Reflection
So this semester was interesting. I mean our class got two or three subs to hate us and on top of that made our teacher mad over a million times. It was also Really fun to be in a class full of people that talk and debate and even yell at each other because of the smallest of details. It's really interesting to see how much my class has affected the way I learn too. In other classes, whether I voice it or not, I'm beginning to question the facts and how they came to be. I'm starting to want to challenge some classmates on their opinion on a topic and show them why they are wrong and I am right (even if it's the opposite way around.
I also feel as though I've grown as a writer. There are several people in this class, including you Ms. McKinnon, that have critiqued and added on to writing pieces that I've shown so far this year. Some of my friends have also contributed and been my inspiration for characters and an overall story line. Because of how many times I've had to read another classmates essay or their speeches, I'm pretty sure that their writing styles have changed mine. I was recently comparing my recent writing to some from earlier this year and it's amazing how different they are.
The way that I learn in RLA is sort of different now. This class actually does sometimes put me to sleep since I'm used to an RLA class that is mainly hands on not listening and note taking. There are some parts that I really like, such as discussions and debate. And the time that we have to collaborate with whoever we wanted to was really nice.
Overall I really like this class and I really hope that we can keep having events like the one with Sean Michael Thomas and time to speak out and talk with each other. I also hope that we can all stop being huge pains. Sorry, Ms. Mckinnon.
If it helps just know that you only have half a year left with us.
I also feel as though I've grown as a writer. There are several people in this class, including you Ms. McKinnon, that have critiqued and added on to writing pieces that I've shown so far this year. Some of my friends have also contributed and been my inspiration for characters and an overall story line. Because of how many times I've had to read another classmates essay or their speeches, I'm pretty sure that their writing styles have changed mine. I was recently comparing my recent writing to some from earlier this year and it's amazing how different they are.
The way that I learn in RLA is sort of different now. This class actually does sometimes put me to sleep since I'm used to an RLA class that is mainly hands on not listening and note taking. There are some parts that I really like, such as discussions and debate. And the time that we have to collaborate with whoever we wanted to was really nice.
Overall I really like this class and I really hope that we can keep having events like the one with Sean Michael Thomas and time to speak out and talk with each other. I also hope that we can all stop being huge pains. Sorry, Ms. Mckinnon.
If it helps just know that you only have half a year left with us.
Comments
Post a Comment