Acrylic Painting
This is the acrylic painting, the last project in the painting unit. The process started with laying a base coat and my base coat was an hombre of yellow to red since that was the basis of my painting. Then I went over and painted my hills and then my tree. I used 7 art techniques on this piece. You cant see it very clearly but the two hills on the bottom have been sponged, the darker line on the other one was made using impasto, I did some pallete knife painting on the tree as well as taping to get some straight lines, I did some scumbling in the background and I also used glazing for the paint I used for scumbling and you can see the scragraffito on the tree. I ended up liking the way the packground turned out although I wish that I had used that for the entire thing instead of only the back. I thought of this painting as a less complicated amature version of the reference piece.
Comments
Post a Comment