Sculpture: Reductive
This was our final project. When we first got it I sketched out some ideas on the page, I wanted to take some influence from the Celtic and Egyptian projects because of how the shapes are very geometric. For the surface, I used the cutout idea but made it more of an amoeba shape. For volume, I used the one hoke design at the top that you can see in the first photo. I ended up needing to reduce the sculpture a bit more but it has the overall shape that I wanted to go for. I also changed the color scheme to gold and silver after hearing that it looked like an award. I think that if I had some more time then I could have refined it more and made it somewhat better. I do like how the top part of the piece ended up turning out.
Comments
Post a Comment